Podcast Guide Help
Using the Replay Media Guide to find the freshest, most interesting Podcasts is easy.
To search for Podcasts, start by clicking the Podcasts button from the navigation bar:
Here's some tips for finding great Podcasts:
Searching by Podcast Name or Description
Searching by Category
Subscribing to a Podcast
Downloading or playing a single episode
Entering the XML feed for a Podcast
Creating "Dynamic Feeds" for topics of interest
Searching for Audio within Podcasts
Subscribing to a Podcast Feed of Episodes Recommended by Another Member
Creating your own Podcast feed for others to subscribe to
To locate a Podcast, knowing either the name of the Podcast or a keyword in the description:
- Click the Find link.
- Enter a keyword in the name of the Podcast. For example, to locate Daily Source Code, just enter "Daily Source".
- If you also want to search Podcast descriptions, click the search descriptions too box.
- Click Find Podcast.
All Podcasts that match the search are listed. If a single Podcast is found, that one is displayed.
All Podcasts are categorized. To browse Podcasts within a specific category:
- Click the Categories link.
- Pick a category. All Podcasts within that category are listed.
- Click to subscribe to a Podcast. Click to learn more about it.
Once you've found a Podcast, click the button to subscribe to it.
When you're viewing a Podcast, click the button to download it to iTunes.
Click the button to listen to the episode within the guide.
Sometimes you'll be given an XML or RSS feed for a Podcast. To subscribe to it or listen:
- Click the Enter XML link.
- Enter the RSS or XML into the entry field. If you know what category this Podcast should appear in, you can optionally choose that as well.
- Click Submit.
If it's a valid Podcast, it will appear within the Guide.
After song an episode search (see above), you can make an RSS Feed from this search. Just , click the button to subscribe within Replay Radio or Replay A/V, or use the XML link to enter the feed into your favorite Podcatcher.
The Replay Media Guide has linked to Podscope, a cool audio search technology. Podscope allows you to search for spoken phrases in Podcasts. To use Podscope within the Replay Media Guide:
- Click the More Guides link.
- Click Podscope.
- Enter a spoken phrase to search for.
- Podscope will return a list of episodes that contain that phrase. Click the + next to an episode to learn more.
- Click the button to see that Podcast within the Replay Media Guide.
One of the best ways to find great shows is from the recommendations of others. As you browse the member directory and find someone you trust with similar tastes, you can subscribe to their Personal Podcast Feed as follows:
- Click the Community button and find the member page for the person you trust.
- Click the View Favorites button under the Podcasts list. That members Favorite Podcasts appear.
- Click the button to subscribe within Replay Radio or Replay A/V. Or click the button to locate the feed to subscribe in another Podcast client.
If you want to share your favorite shows with others, here's what you need to do:
- Become a Member or Log in.
- When you are looking at Podcasts, if you see an episode you want to add to your favorites feed, click the button.
- To locate your feed, click the Account button, then choose Favorite Podcast Feed.
- Give your friends the URL next to the button.