|Replay Player User Guide|
Replay Player is a great way to listen to your recorded radio shows on your PC. This tiny player can be tucked away on your desktop and activated with a single click. Easy to read buttons let you open recordings, play, pause, adjust the playback speed, and skip forward or backward in convenient increments.
Replay Player is installed as an icon on your desktop, or in the Replay Radio program folder in your Start menu. Double click the Replay Player icon to launch the player.
Here's how Replay Player appears:
Replay Player requires Windows Media Player 7.0 or later to run on your PC.
To find out what each button does, just place your cursor over the button. A pop-up description will appear.
Here's how to open a new MP3 file or Playlist:
- Click the Open button as seen here highlighted
- The open dialog appears:
- Change to the folder where your recordings are located, and pick the file you want to hear.
- Choose a file with a M3U extension if you want to hear a playlist. Choose MP3 files to hear a single program segment.
- Click Open and playback begins.
You can pause and resume playback using the play/pause button as follows:
- Click the Pause button ( highlighted in red)
to pause playback:
- Once you pause, the button turns into a Play
button, as shown here:
- Click Play to restart playback.
Replay Player has convenient buttons that let you skip forward and backwards while listening to your recording. This is a great way to eliminate ads and other unwanted portions of your recording.
To skip forward:
- Click +0:30 to move ahead 30 seconds.
- Click +1:00 to move ahead one minute.
- Click +2:00 to move ahead two minutes.
To go backwards:
- Click -0:15 to move back 15 seconds.
You can also use the slider near the top of the display to change the position of playback in your recording.
When listening to a playlist, you can skip to the next or previous track by clicking the Prev and Next buttons.
You can make your recording play faster by clicking the >>> and >>>> buttons. Clicking >> makes playback occur at the normal speed.
Hint: Use the fastest speed to decrease total listening time by 30%.
Replay Player lets you adjust the player volume. Just click the
volume up or volume down buttons.
All of the Replay Player functions can be performed from the keyboard as well. This can be handy if you're using a remote control device.
Here's how the keyboard is mapped:
P = Play/Pause
S = Stop
O = Open
- - Previous Track
+ = Next Track
1 = Advance 30 seconds
2 = Advance 60 seconds
3 = Advance 120 seconds
0 = Go back 15 seconds
Q = quit
U = Volume up
D = Volume Down
R = Regular speed
F = Faster speed
X = Fastest speed